Monday, February 10, 2014

Teacher Valentine's Day gifts

Hello crafty friends.  With Valentine's day around the corner, I created these quick gifts for the kids to give to their teachers and librarian.  This is not only a great gift for a teacher, it is also not very expensive to make.  Each gift has two boxes of pencils (looks like only one in this pictures) and the most time consuming part of the gifts were sharpening the pencils, as my electronic sharpener gave out after the first 20 or so. 


I created the layered hearts with the Sweetheart Cricut cartridge (page 72). I cut all the pieces at 4". Both the large scalloped hearts with holes around the edges and the addition layers came from the Cricut cartridge.  This project is a great way to use up your scraps.  Once I glued down all the hearts, I used some twine to stitch around the hearts, leaving additional twine along the backside to wrap around the pencil boxes. You can pick up pencils anywhere, but I got these at Cosco for a little added savings.  I had two boxes left over for later use.

I am entering the teacher valentine gifts in the following challenges:

Simon says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Have a heart
Fantabulous Cricut - I heart you
Cardz TV - 3-D Valentine Challenge

Thanks for stopping by!

Denise




8 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

These are super and the teachers are certainly going to appreciate them!Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Missy said...

Super treat idea! I really like the variety in color you used, too! Thanks for joining FCCB's I Heart You challenge this week!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Fantastic teacher gifts! I love the colours and the stitching around the edging :-). Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB!

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice (gotta have that electronic pencil sharpener:)

Lisa said...

These are so awesome!! I love how you stitched around the edges!! What fabulous gifts these make!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super sweet idea! They look fabulous!

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

What a great idea. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week for our Hearts Challenge.
Anita
DT FCCB

Angi Barrs said...

Awwww this is so sweet! Fun teacher gift idea!

Share It

>