Friday, February 28, 2014

St. Patrick's Day hair clip

Happy Friday friends!  With St. Patrick's Day coming right up, I thought I'd make a hair clip for Lara with a large four-leaf clover.  It was super easy.  I used the Designer Calendar Cricut Cartridge, a low-temp hot glue gun, Folk Art extreme glitter paint, a bit of felt, some gems, and a plain hair clip.  Almost everything was bought at Joann's craft store.




 I began by cutting out the four-leaf clover and it's shadow using the Designer Calendar Cricut cartridge at three inches.  I used a couple of green scraps I had on hand.


Next, I quickly painted the smaller clover with Folkart Extreme Glitter paint.  When you first use it, you can really see the brush strokes in the paint.


But when it dries, all you see is TONS of glitter :)  Layer the smaller clover on top of the larger clover.


 Next, you will hot glue a small piece of felt to the back of the clovers.


Finally, open the clip and slide another small piece of felt inside the hair clip.  Glue the two pieces of felt together.  It will look like this when you are ready to use it.


For a little added pizzazz, add a few rhinestones to your clover.



You can clip it to the side of your hair.



Or add it to the top of a ponytail.  


Here are a few pretty flower hair clips I made using Prima flowers.


Once I figured out how easy they were to make, it was hard to stop.  I definitely need to buy some more Prima flowers now.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!

Denise

2 comments:

Lisa said...

The hair clips are so gorgeous!! Thanks for the step-by-step for the awesome shamrock clip!! They are all fabulous!! And your model is such a sweetie!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Staci said...

How cute is this?! Love the step by step directions. :-)

Share It

>