Thursday, February 21, 2013

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face

Good morning friends!  Today I have a mixed media journaling page.


I started my page by printing Lara's picture on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of scrapbook paper.  This fun idea was inspired by last week's A Year in the Life of an Art Journal prompt.  This was something new for me to try and I really liked the effect.  I did so many different things to my page. With black ink, I stamped the page with three different stamps from Crafter's Companion Stamp-It-Australia Ornate Accessories stamp set.  This is the beautiful lace border above Lara's photo, the intertwined circles wich look like coffee mug rings, and the grouping of dots.  Using a stencil, I applied Gesso the top of the page and added a couple of different washi tapes to the bottom left and right hand corners of the page.  I also heavily misted the paper, washi tapes, chipboard butterfly, lace ribbon, and flowers with Gold, Sun Sisters, and Fully Purple glimmer mist. Finally, I added some acrylic gold paint to the gesso circles with my finger and faux stitched the tag and flower underneath it.

The quote on the tag reads, "Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face. - Victor Hugo".
I am entering my page in the following challenges:

Loves Rubber Stamps challenges - Lots of Layers
The Cheerful Stamp pad - Anything but a card
The paper girls challenge - Washi Tape
Crafty bloggers network - Anything goes
The pretty little ribbon shop - Anything goes

Thanks for stopping by :)

Denise

18 comments:

Rachel Whetzel said...

I love love love it!! So tickled that someone tried printing on a book page! Love the way it looks. :)

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Denise!! I love the layers and the design!! The picture looks so adorable!! She has the sweetest smile!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Stacy H-W said...

Fantastic!!! I love this Denise!! I really like the idea of printing the photo directly on the paper. I just saw this idea on yesterday on Weekly Scrapper but they used a flower. And I printed it out so I would try it out!! TWINS! lol

brenda said...

Super piece of artwork Denise.

Thanks so much sharing with us Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

B x

Sonia said...

Fabulous page dearest Denise,gorgeous details as always^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Olivia said...

Gorgeous job. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Angi said...

Super artistic. Love this!

Claire Newcombe said...

Superb layout, and wonderful mix of textures


Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge this month.
Claire x
(DT)

misty said...

This is so cool! Great work!

Peet said...

So gorgeous, Denise! Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon February challenge.

Sylv said...

Love the textures on your journal page its great, thank you for joining us at The Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

Sylvia x DT

Lydia said...

Such a beautiful card- all your layers are fab! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps xxxxx
ps I have some candy if you are interested xxx http://lydiawalker.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/just-little-candy.html

Angel 007 said...

Hallo Denis,
ein kleines Kunstwerk ist entstanden. Ich finde Deine Arbeit wunderschön.

Liebe Grüße-Carmen :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is awesome! Such a great design! Carri~Abusybee

Krisha said...

Hi Denis
Lovely LO, I like the effect of printing the picture on the scrapbook paper.
Thanks for playing along with The Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge

Erica Bass said...

The washi really adds to your page! I like the idea of printing a picture directly on the scrapbook paper. I will have to try that! Thanks for joining in at The Paper Girls Challenge!

Glenda T. said...

Gorgeous page!!! Love that you printed it on a book page and thanks for playing with us!!

Charity said...

great page! Thanks for linking up with The Paper Girls

Share It

>