Friday, February 3, 2012

You are my miracle (Practical Scrappers layout challenge Round 4)

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!  <hands waving wildly!!!>  I made it to the top 10 in the Practical Scrappers layout challenge which has been going on for the last 4 weeks!  I am so over the moon!!!!  I entered as a lark, I wasn't even sure I'd make the first cut!  There were 120 very talented scrappers who entered and I feel soooooo privileged to have made it so far in the competition!  Thank you so much everyone who voted for my layout.  What an incredible honor :)))))

So in order to be eligible for the next round I had to submit for the next round not knowing if I made it.  The challenge was to use at least 2 pictures, and use the colors white, black, and one other color only.  Oooh, that was hard for me!  I love color, lots and lots of color.  So I had to take a few days to figure out which pictures and what 3rd color I'd use.  But once I decided, I had so much fun making this layout.

The pictures are from Lara's new gymnastics class at a local park.  She LOVES it.  She literally smiles the entire time and is constantly checking to make sure I'm watching and giving her encouragement (like every few seconds, lol).  I did have to tell her she needed to focus on the balance beam she was walking on after she fell off of it seven or so times in a row b/c she was looking at me instead.  So cute!!!  I matted the pictures with black and white cardstock I had on hand.  I added pearls from David Tutera (Joanns) around the smaller picture of Lara.  The title is from Tattered Angels mistables which I sprayed with Key Lime Glimmer mist and then added a couple of rub-on white hearts from CTMH.

I layered white, lime green, and black ribbon along the bottom, as well as a ton of flowers; Petaloo (2 large black circular flowers and white flowers (which I stickled with white diamond Stickles and added a pearl to), Prima flowers (green), Creative Charms (2 small white flowers with black outline), and one black and white one that I hand stitched from a piece of fabric and then added a really large Pink Paislee bling to.

I also used a small doily and a couple of Glitz circular stickers with bling to offset all the right angles of my title and pics.  I have had the cute little bird on the bottom right of the layout so long that I have no idea which company makes it. This was definitely a stash buster of a layout :)



Here is a close up of the new Crafter's Companion USA Stamp-It Australia Wing Composition stamp.  I used it on a transparency to add a different type of texture to the layout.  The gorgeous heart bling is from Zva Creative.  

The words are part of a poem from Emily Dickenson, that reads:

Hope is the thing with feathers 
That perches in the soul, 
And sings the tune-without the words, 
And never stops at all.
The gorgeous heart bling is from Zva Creative.  


Awesome, right?  Thanks for looking at my layout.  If you like it, I'd love for you to check out http://www.practicalscrappers.com/2012/01/all-details-on-first-round-of-layout.html and vote for it.  You can vote for up to 3 layouts this round.  But no pressure.  Like I said, I've already won :)  Voting closes on Thursday.

I'm entering my layout in the following challenges: (I went all out I know, but I wanted to share my layout w/ as many people as I could :))

Crafty Anns challenge blog - love is in the air
Ditzy Craftymess - anything goes
Frosted designs - Ribbon or twine
Fairytale challengeblog - love, love, love
Hotshot craft - flowers
Tthe poodles parlour - Anything goes
La-De-Dah - Heartstrings
Scrap it girl - show some love
Aud sentiments challenge blog - Anything but a card (With a Sentiment)
Craft us crazy - Anything goes
Do you stack up? - anything goes
Creative Belli Blog -Hearts/Valentines
Divas by design - anything goes
Lil' red wagon - Valentine’s Day or Love
Ruby's Rainbow Challenges a bit of sparkle
Truly Scrumptious - Love and hearts
Scrappy frogs challenge - lace

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!  Hope you all get lots of scrapping time (maybe during the Superbowl?!)

Denise


48 comments:

madebyKarla said...

Yay! So glad you've made it so far! This is an awesome LO! love how you still managed to get all those flowers in :) Lime green was a great choice for a 3rd color!
Good Luck!

Amanda said...

That's awesome! Congratulations1!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fabulous layout .. i love the colour combo
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our Have a Heart challenge and at Diva's by design
Lisa x

Rose Petal said...

Hi Denise. Lovely layout, full of fabulous detail and beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
Love Sandra xx

WencheP said...

This is fabulous! Great colours and so many fabulous details. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous LO!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby's Rainbow for our
" Flowers with a bit of sparkle " challenge

Hope you will join us again soon
Hugs Shaz x

iReneM said...

A beautiful LO of a beautiful little girl :)
Thank you for sharing it with at Crafty Ann's
x

karlinchen50 said...

Hello so very beautiful layout, the design is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
**Karla

craftymum said...

A super layout
Thank you for joining us at HSC for our flower challenge

Hugs Sarah x
p.s. I have blog candy on my blog sarahwrightdesigns.blogspot.com for old and new followers

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Stunning page, love the colours & the layout is perfect!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT & Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Ann Whitfield said...

This is a stunning and joyous layout Denise - thank you so much for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly said...

what a beautiful layout, congrats on getting so far w/ practical scrappers. Great job.. thanks for adding this to the Scrap It Girl, show some love challenge.

Bianca said...

What a wonderfull layout and photo! I love all little details you have add. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

jimlynn said...

Fantastic. Love the layout and all the beautiful pearls and flowers! So very pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Belli Challenges.
Lynn

Becky said...

this is a really cute card! thanks for joining us at fairy tale challenge!

hugs, becky

TeenaBugg38 said...

WOOOOOT!!!! Congrats!!!

Sarah said...

A fabulous energetic and colurful LO - love that green with the black and such wonderful flowers and embellishments! The poem is very beautiful perfect... I love words! Thanks so much for sharing your artwork with My Mojo Monthly! Sarah.

anazelia said...

Voted. Gorgeous. I think it is my favorite of all of your pages

Jacq said...

Hi,
Oh this is Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful photo, the dp, the colour scheme is just beautiful. Love the layout and the embellishments. Just Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour, Divas By Design and Ruby's Rainbow and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

JanR said...

An absolutely beautiful layout. I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Lisa xx said...

absolutely stunning, thank yo so much for sharing this with Aud Sentiments xx

Cindy Gay said...

Love the blacks and yellows and little LaLa!

Stacy H-W said...

Yippee!! (me throwing my hands in the air and waving like a crazy woman!!) lol Congrats on making it so far!! But of course you would because your projects have been amazing!! I've already voted and will be spreading the word!! xo stacy

Dawn's Craft Place said...

I am so proud of you !!!
Did I tell you so or what?lol
Love the new layout and the colors are amazing together.

Shelby said...

Congrats on your success! Love this layout and using the green as the additional color was a perfect choice...looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at Penny's

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Congrats! I voted! Love this lay-out! The photos are adorable! Good Luck!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Fantastic layout!

Thanks for playing along at Ruby's Rainbow.

Amanda

Basslady said...

this is so wonderful and fantastic!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

lalkygirl said...

stunning layout,beautiful papers and the colour choice is perfect
thanks for joining us at the poodle parlour and good luck
tracey x

Carolina said...

Congrats, Denise! I have just voted for you, I honestly think it is one of the three most beautiful and deserves to be in the final!

dragonllew said...

What a gorgeous layout I love the colours you have used thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week.
Jenny x
GDT

Sylvia x said...

Stunning layout and love the vibrant greens you have used
Thanks for joining us at poodles parlour

Sylvia x

Sue Nicholson said...

Beautiful layout, great embellishments. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Poodles Parlour.
Good Luck Cheers Sue N x

Lisa said...

YAY, Denise!! Congratulations on making the next round!! This layout is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the punch of lime green against the black and white!! All of the embellishments you added are stunning!! And the pictures are so adorable...Lara is such a cutie and so photogenic!! Good luck with this round...I voted for you :D

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Stunning colors!!! Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs for the ribbon/twine challenge

Amanda

Copper Diem said...

That is such a cute page - fingers crossed for good luck!

Dave said...

What a great layout. I would love to chat with you if you would be interested in a new opportunity.
dave@rubbernecker.com

Becky B. said...

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS layout!! The pearl bling is fabulous! Thanks for joining Scrap-It-Girl's "Show Some Love" challenge! :)

Auntie Em said...

Your white and black LO popped with that pretty spring green is gorgeous. The pearls and those beautiful flowers are such a lovely way showcase your cutie! :)

Mary Jo said...

Fab LO! The pix are adorable and your colors and details really accent them perfectly. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a great layout. Thanks for joining us for our Love Is In The Air Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges this week, and please come back and play along with us again next time.
Blessings,
Karen - Design Team Member
P.S. I'd love to have you visit my blog some time. If you'd like - we could become followers of one another's blogs if you're interested. I'd love to see more of your awesome work. Hope to see ya soon!
Blessings,
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Markey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Markey said...

Love the Subtly of your Heart!

Thank for joining the Creative Belli Challenge
~Markey

Roberta: Mother of 3 said...

Beautiful, beautiful layout! I love the lime green, black and white palette! Very refreshing! I hope you join us again at Frosted Designs!

Karen said...

What a wonderful scrapbook layout!  Smiles. :0)

Krafty Karen DT for Poodles Parlour.xx

Angi Barrs said...

Super fabulous and adorable. Love those flowers.

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

What a gorgeous layout! I love all the detail. Thanks for joining in on Scrap It Girl's "Show Some Love" Challenge!

Rina Gonzales said...

Thanks for entering the Scrap It Girl (Show Some Love) Design Challenge. The photo is darling.

Share It

>