Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Smash Book - 2012 Bucket list

Hey gals,

I decided to do something a little different this year with my New Year's resolutions.  I came across a new group over at Color me Creative Classroom with Suzanne Dean called W R Smashbookin', Scrappin' and Journaling.  Every month there is a new challenge to encourage us to get out and use our Smash books.  (If you don't have one you can still join in, just make your own out of a journal or mini album.)   Many of us are using our smash books as 2012 Bucket list/New Year's resolutions journal.  I just love this idea!  Not only can I keep my goals in mind, I can smash all the tickets/photos of anything I do that's fun along the way.  No stressing over the right embellishments or being neat, just quick fun pages.


For my first two pages I used a quick quote vellum quote, some leftover butterfly and abc stickers, and a random butterfly die cut I had lying around.  The quote says,  "Do not go where the path may lead:  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson".  The Paper is from DCWV Mariposa stack.  (Top tip for Top Tip Tuesday - Smash books are a great place to use left over stickers, rub-ons, die cuts, and paper.  In fact, these are the best embellishments for it because they are flat and won't add bulk to your book.)


The 2nd two pages were scraps I had from Cosmo Cricket, some Prima die cut starts, a page of a mini notebook from Bobunny, more leftover abc stickers, and a Goals sticker tab I had in my stash.   I put my main 3 New Year's resolution on the left and some fun things I want to do in 2012 on the 2nd page. 

I am entering my Smash pages in the following challenges:

Color me Creative Smash book challenge - First pages in my smash book
The order of the Opus Gluei - out with the old and in with the new
Hooked on craft challenges - try something new
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything goes
Creative Craft Challenges - New Year's Resolutions
Simon says stamps challenge - Spots and/or Stripes

Enjoy the rest of your night :)

Denise

14 comments:

jen said...

What a great idea. I've been wanting o start a smash book. Thanks for the great idea.
Hugs,jen

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love the smashbook!! I made myself one and I have already smashed 4 pages! And I like it because it is what is going on in my life now, and not years ago! and it is not overwhelming! Can't wait to see the rest of your pages!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Ann Kranitz said...

I just saw these smash books in Michaels but did not know what they were used for. What a fun idea. Hope all is well with you!!

Lisa said...

I didn't know what a smash book was, Denise! It sounds so awesome! Yours is gorgeous so far!! :)

Lisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com

Jackie Thomas said...

Love your book. What a great idea. Thank you for joining us at HOC.
Hugs Jackie

Marti {Pez-A-Doodle Designs} said...

looks great and i like your goals too!

Annette said...

Fab idea and a great design. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week. Annette xx

Suzanne J Dean said...

Fun & cheerful pages for resolutions..love the pretty embellies you've used too! Love that you are having fun with it....that's what smashing is all about! Thanks for joining us at the group!

hugz,
Suzanne

Caroljenks said...

This is fab - I too hadn't heard of a Smash Book before - but think I'll have to look into them a bit more now ;)

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge and don't forget we also give a prize to the best Top Tipper - see TTT for details on how to win!

Please e-mail us over at TTT as you've forgotten to put (TIP) next to your name and only entries with (TIP) can go into the draw - tell us what number entry you are when you mail us and we'll add (TIP) for you this time :)

Carol x

HandmadebyTLC said...

Oh My, isn't this just the loveliest new year creation? I simply adore your style and choice of colors too! Thanks so much for joining us here at Top Tip Tuesday challenge and I wish you to join us all year in 2012!
Hugs and best wishes!
Tammy Louise

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous papers!! I like how bright they are : ) the pages you made with them are really lovely too! They make me want to do more art journaling!!

Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
-Sarah

For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube

Nikbee said...

A fantastic smashbook. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Janet said...

I haven't used my smash book yet. thanks for the inspiration. Also, thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can.
Janet DT

Rosemary said...

Love the idea of actually USING my smash book instead of just looking at it all pristine. This is great and I think you're going to have something really wonderful as inspiration and a record of the thoughts and dreams you add over the year. You've inspired me to get mine out and actually fill those pages.

I'm sorry for such late commenting, have had terrible Blogger issues that made it virtually impossible to go and leave comments.

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei and sharing your creativity. I hope you come back for more challenges with us!

Share It

>