Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Catching up and the Scrap Our Stash challenge

It's amazing how cool this last week has been.  I've been scrapping for over 10 years.  Since I started blogging a year and a half ago, I have had a blast meeting really talented and sweet bloggers whom I can call my friends.  And the challenge blogs, so love them!  This week though has been crazy for me.  Crazy in a this is sooo awesome way.  I was asked by my local scrapbook store (Treasured Memories ) to host an 8 hour crop once a month on Saturdays.  Twist my arm!  Talk to people about scrapping for 8 hours... ummm fabulous!   I've also become really involved with Crafter's Companion and am so loving it! Today is the first day of my new role there as DT Leader.  Whooo Hoo!!!  Our fearless leader, Bindy, who is organizing this very new team is so incredibly sweet!!!  I can't wait to start designing for them.  She is so enthusiastic and is so incredibly cool.  I love her attitude!  I just want to pinch myself!    It's really amazing.  I wasn't looking for any of it, but I really feel like I'm in my element and so happy to be able to (hopefully) inspire and excite people about scrapbooking.   It's a scrapper's dream come true.


Okay, enough gushing, lol.  March's Dust it off Challenge at Scrap Our Stash was such a stash buster for me.  Love it!  The Challlenge is to dust off something that you haven't used in a long while.  It could be a tool, product, unfinished project or technique.  I decided to dust off my fibers.  I used a ton of them with my project to make bookmarks for my son's class.  I got the idea from volunteering during his class' library time and watching the kids go nuts over new bookmarks.  


I used my Cricut machine to cut out the bookmarks (Plantin Schoolbook), the letters Read (Plantin Schoolbook), and the boy and girl reading a book images (A Child's Year).  I laminated them to make them more sturdy and last longer.  Then I added an eyelet. I used some fibers I had on hand and added some beads for a little bling.  It took me a while to make 24 of these, but the reactions of the kids made it so worth it.  As soon as it was time for them to get them, I got mobbed!  LOL.  


Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!  See ya tomorrow,


Denise

9 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

I love anything that encourages reading--these are cute!

Stacy H-W said...

CONGRATULATIONS on all your scrappy good news!! And man oh man did these bookmarks turn out super cute!! The fibers really take them to the next level!! I am sure the kids were thrilled to bits to get one!

Carolina said...

That's great news, Denise, nothing better than doing what you love!

Marlene said...

First - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well deserved!

Second - love those bookmarks. they are super cute!

Third - did you have a nice visit? :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great news! These book marks are great, love the fibers!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Yay Congrats. It's so fun to work at your LSS. Love your bookmarks. I need to make some of these for my students. :)

jacque4u2c said...

Just adorable!

Sheree said...

Denise...these are really cool! I have had this cartridge for a year and have never used it. I think I need to dig it out! Great job!

Sue said...

these are great! I have a box full of fibres....must use some of them!!!

Share It

>