Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Delights

The kids couldn't wait to peel and eat a decorated Easter egg.  Lara tried skipping the peeling part.  Guess it didn't hold up to the anticipation.  As soon as I turned my back, Lara threw her yolk across the table for the dog to eat.  I managed to get there before Simba did though.


I used all kinds of challenges for this one.  I think I'm still under Pile it on's spell from the blog hop.  Here the all are:
Practical Scrappers - Sketch
Picture Perfect Creations - Color Challenge
Pile it on - Spring
ABC Challenge Blog - Sparkle
Stamp Something - Something Layered
Our Creative Corner - Beautiful Butterflies

I also wanted to share with you gals a funny thing Nicholas said to me this morning.  As we were leaving to take him to school, he lectured Lara not to play with his Big Big Big Loader because it was for kids who are 3 and up and she could get hurt.  Then he looks up at me very earnestly and admonishes me, "You should watch her mom because I'm not going to be here to do it."  Yes, son.

17 comments:

Jackie said...

Cute Story :) Glad you got to play with us this week. You sure are great at combining those challenges! Pretty flower and butterfly too...~jackie

Denise said...

Thanks Jackie :)

Tamie said...

Kids can be so funny at times...LOL. Your layout is FABBY! I really enjoy the flowers and butterfly in the TOP Left hand corner. The pictures look really neat with the torn look behind. Way to GO!!

Thanks for playing with us this week. I hope you will come back and join us next week.

Tamie - PPC Creators

kmassman said...

I really love this one! I love the story about Lara throwing her yolk to the dog. So funny!

Debbie said...

Such a pretty layout, Denise ... and adorable kiddos too! Thanks for joining us at PPC this week :)

anazelia said...

pretty page. and I had never heard of some of those blogs. will check them out.

Denise said...

Hey Anazelia,

Glad I could send you to a few new ones. Let me know if you need any of the links :)

~Christina~ said...

Ooooh this is so pretty! Great flowers you have used too :0

Betty Anne said...

Great layout and story. You are so smart combining all the challenges into one layout.

ScrapAddict'sAttic said...

what a great job you did doing ALL those challenges at one time! I love that paper, have it myself :-) Beautiful layout!
Paula a PPC Creator

Allison said...

What an AMAZING LO!!! I love all the stamped elements you added, they look fabulous together! Thanks for playing along at PPC this week!

Allison - PPC Creator

Sasya said...

Great LO!! good job!! :)

Sandy said...

holy moly! Good job at combining challenges!! The page turned out beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at PPC this week!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

What a fabulous page! Fantastic job! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Andrea M said...

Lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at PIO!

Lori said...

Very beautiful layout and an extremely cute story! Thanks for joining us at PPC!

Lori - PPC Creator

Julie - Kewlstamps said...

Nicely done...thanks for sharing and playing with Our Creative Corner this week:-)

Share It

>