Friday, April 9, 2010

Reach high for the Stars

I made this layout using a sketch from this week's Let's Scrap weekly sketch and the color challenge at http://colourcreatechallenge.blogspot.com/.  I double layered the ribbons because I loved the sheer prettiness of the flowery ribbon but I didn't want the lines of the papers showing.  So I put a lavender ribbon under it.  Also there is random lavender glitter on the bottom of the page, but it is really hard to capture on film.


I also wanted to say thank you for all the really sweet comments I've been getting.  I read every one and they mean so much to me.  Nicholas is still running about 102.5 fever and is headed back to the doctor this afternoon.  I'm sure they'll be giving him stronger antibiotics.  Poor little guy has bronchitis, sinusitis, and tonsillitis.  Have you ever heard of so many illness at once?  Yep, that's us.  House of plague.  Having asthma really creates havoc on his immune system (and mine!)  As to scraping more than usual, how do you think I stay sane?  I use the two hours of nap time to unwind and get lost in flowers and pretty paper.  I look forward to that time so much.  Except yesterday.  Yesterday was nap day for me too.  Two hours, yippee!!!  I had to wake Nick up after 4 hours.

Well it's Friday.  I hope everyone is feeling great and has a fun and relaxing weekend doing something you love.

Denise













6 comments:

anazelia said...

love the muted colors, with the bright photos.

kmassman said...

Hope your boy gets better soon! I have a couple of chronic illnesses and know it's hard enough on an adult who kind of understands things a little bit--probably quadruple that for a child!! My empathies and sympathies... :-)

Pretty layout!

Marlene said...

Beautiful layout (especially since I love purple tones). Hope your baby feels better soon. :(

Dawn said...

I love the purple! Very pretty!

I hope you little guy feels better soon, our house has everyone on their second round of antibiotics for everyone except my DH, he started his 3rd round today. I totally feel for you guys!

Dawn

Lisa Jane said...

what a delightful layout the colours are gorgeous as are the pictures lol. Hope your little boy feels better soon
Lisa ;)

Mina said...

stunning layout Denise, so beautifully put together too...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Share It

>