Thursday, April 29, 2010

Did you know you were part of a cult?

Seems that I've been hearing that scrapbooking is a cult of sorts by people who don't do it.  In fact, when I took my card class last week, there was a college student there who was observing us.  She was writing her paper on the culture of scrapbooking.  You could have knocked me over.  We had our own culture?  How cool is that?   The word cult doesn't sound so good though...  But then I thought, aren't I always telling people how fantastic it is?  How they should try it?  To come over and I'd help them get started and give them a few things?...  YIKES!  I do sound like a nutjob!  ROTFLMAO.  Okay my sisters in scrapbooking, here's my layout for today...


I just love these pictures of my husband and daughter.  You can really see how much he loves and adores Lara.  Just melts my heart looking at them :)  I used Scrap it with a Song (Once upon a dream) for my inspiration and a sketch from Sketches: Creatively Yours.  I also entered it in My partner in crafting crime anything goes challenge. 

Don't forget Saturday is National Scrapbooking Day.  There will be lots of website with giveaways, challenges, and sales all weekend long.  If anyone is interested in some sites that are having some challenges, etc., let me know and I'll post them tomorrow :)

Denise

18 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

Wow...how cool!! Are we like a bizarre subculture of grown women who like to play with glue and scissors??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! A cult.....geeze. That is hilarious :) This such a sweet page....LOVEEEE those pictures!!!! The colors are so pretty and I really like that raffia???? It looks braided and soo cool!!!

Yes!! Please post all the NSD stuff you find!! If you are gonna be a cult leader you really need to sway and influence us ya know (wink)

Thanks for playing along at Scrap It With A Song!!

kmassman said...

This is a really special layout! I love the colors and those pictures are so great! :-) (I tutor two Chinese girls at the local high school--they make me wish I would have adopted when I realized I would only have one child naturally.)

Denise said...

TeenaBugg38, they are braided. I used 3 thin ribbons :))

Elise said...

Oh Denise! It's so wonderful to see such special pictures such as these! I love them! I love everything from the flowers, to the pictures, to the absolutely lovely dp's!!! What a gorgeous layout! Thank you for sharing these!

And yes ... I can see that crafters are a part of a "cult". lol. Don't like the word .. I agree with you, but I think we're such an AWESOME group of crafters who does this for "therapy" to make our hearts sing. :)

Big Hugs,
Elise

~Christina~ said...

Wowza girl....this is GORGEOUS!

Denise said...

Thanks Christina!

The Watson's said...

Post them, post them....I am always interested in free things! ha Your page is gorgeous, as always! I am glad to a part of the cult! Especially since my husband was one of the people calling it that!

Debbi said...

Awesome layout! I LOVE the pics--how special! There's just somethin' about dads and their little girls (I have two dd's).
Thanks for commenting on my blog. :-)
*smiles*
debbi

Debbie said...

Love your layout! I especially like how you used the glitter letter in your title... and how it makes it look like the first page of a storybook.

Lol about the "cult". Guess we're all drinking the same kool-aid!! ha! ;-)

Marlene said...

Love the layout...and this is one "cult" I don't mind belonging to! :)

RiNNE said...

Buwahahahaha!!! Yes, we are a cult! NOT! Thanks for visiting my blog! Your lay-out is darling, I especially love the flowers at the bottom!

bosenberries said...

Gorgeous layout... it inspires me to get out that 12x12 and put away the cards for a while!!! Love to see the notes the student was taking... lol! Kinda how Jenny and I came up with the name "My Partner in Crafting Crime"...but as we always said their were worse addictions then crafting!!!! Thanks so much for joining us, Robin

JR Creations said...

Brilliant post, very funny and very true. At least it's a healthy addiction and a cult that is changing photos one scrapbook page at a time. :-D

Thanks for joining us at My Partner In Crafting Crime hope to see you in the next challenge too.

Jenny T.

Toucan Scraps said...

Adorable photos - great memories need to be scrapped and enjoyed if you ask me.
thank you singing along with us at Scrap it with a Song this week

Betty Anne said...

Absolutly beautiful layout. I love the great pictures, and paper you used. I especially love the flowers and the amazing stems. Fantastic job.

A cult naw don't think so but I am thrilled that as scrapbookers we have our very own special day. Not to many crafters can say that.

Jess said...

Adorable! Such special pictures. The Pink Elephant now has scrapbooking challenges. Thanks for joining us at Scrap It With a Song!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Denise,

This is such a great story - both in post and on your layout! Thanks for entering our blog candy at The Beary Scrap!

Cheers,
Susan

anazelia said...

love those flowers Denise. a beautiful page.

Share It

>